Sunday, May 3, 2015

Sticking points

Two things have stuck out at me this week and I thought I would share them.

1. I've been reading the book Every Bitter Thing is Sweet and in chapter 6, the question along the lines of, "If you never get the life you wanted, will you still love God?" And the thing is this can be broken down in so many ways, sometimes I realize I deal with a lot of dreams being crushed or derailed, or also things just not going my way and get all complaining about it. This stuck with me, because it really hits home. I struggle with expectations for things in my life, but maybe God is pruning me in this. And I'm going to have to be okay with that, at least at some point.

2. I watched the film Little Boy today. It was wonderful, I recommend going to see it. One particular line stuck out at me. "Your faith isn't going to work if you have any hatred in your heart." I think honestly, I do have a lot of anger that I need to let go of on some things, and I know it's going to take some time. And probably points one and two are related. But if i am learning something it is that God is there with me always and with him all is possible. 

And that is where I am today. Are there any lessons that the holy spirit is prompting you on this week?

No comments:

Post a Comment