Wednesday, June 24, 2009

"spiders in the corners that are never there.."

A prize to the person that gets the song and artist that was quoted in the title. The disclaimer is that you can't Google it, because after all that's cheating.

So this is kinda a dumb topic, but I just wanted to say that I have seen so many spiders in my daily indoor environment lately. I am not usually scared of spiders, but certain kinds freak me out. And most of those being the deadly ones, like the brown recluses and the black widows. However, a less harmful one that really freaks me out is the wolf spider, for some reason the fact that is daunting and furry really kinda makes me scream everytime I stumble upon one. Let's just hope that I don't have to wake up to find one these frightful creatures on top of me.

So given that I am generally not afraid of spiders, there has been one case where I should have been. When I was in high school and in Mexico on a boarder town trying to build a roof for a women's shelter, I was staying on the floor of this semi-school/semi-church place. I woke up one morning to find that the girl sleeping beside me had been bit. We didn't think it was anything out of the ordinary, just a normal bug bite that happened sometime during the night. But then it swelled and made her disoriented. So well, after this she was taken to the doctor, and the doctor right away knew it was this special kind of spider bite, apparently common enough in the area to know how to site its bite and treat it. And the doctor reprimanded us for not taking her sooner to the clinic apparently she was close to death from the poison and we didn't even know it.

So that should make me scared of spiders, to an extent it does, but not as much as snakes, maybe sometime I should tell all my crazy snake stories.

No comments:

Post a Comment