Tuesday, June 16, 2009

allergies

My allergies seem to be getting worse and worse these days. Not sure if its just everyone is mowing their lawns more often or that there is some other plant in bloom that is totally making my allergies go nuts. I am so tempted to get a Neti pot, does anyone know of a good online or drugstore that carries them at a decently cheap price?

I really don't like taking allergy meds because I don't ever feel like myself when I take them. Medicine, minus tylenol, has a big effect on me, so I try to avoid it unless completely necessary. Maybe today might be one of those days. Though a plus is that I got my glasses back with my new prescription in them. So finally I can give my eyes a rest from contacts after a month straight of wearing them. Some friends have said for them that their eyes itch less when they have contacts in them. But I am not sure if that is true for me. But maybe I just feel more free to itch my eyes with glasses and not worry about losing the contact if I were to rub my eye with it in.

Another non-drug remedy that I use is eating the local honey. Though not sure that I actually eat it but rather drink it in tea. I think it helps a bit, though at the moment I am coming off of a stretch where I haven't been drinking it with my tea in the morning and I think that is why I am paying for it. It is not a fast acting thing but something that builds up over time.

So my question to those of you with allergies, is a neti pot worth it?

No comments:

Post a Comment