Monday, November 12, 2012

How to Have a Clothing Swap Party

Since a few readers asked last post about clothing swaps.  I thought I would tell you how one generally goes about having one.

1: Invite all your friends, big, little, short, tall, pregnant or not.  Because somehow size doesn't matter at these things.  Everyone goes home with something new and exciting for them to add to their wardrobe.

2: Clean out your closet and bring anything that doesn't fit you or you are sick of or just haven't worn in like 3 years and bring it to the swap.  Something along the lines of one man's trash is another man's treasure would apply here.

3: Arrange clothing at least by type.  Pants go with pants, blouses with blouses, etc. If you have a lot of participants/guests then maybe size piles as well would work well.  A large table works well for displaying/piling on all the clothes.

4: Feeding your guests, while optional, is encouraged. Probably non greasy food is best because its a clothing swap after all and you want to not mess up the clothes and also you don't want to be all bloated trying new things on.

5: Have at least one full length mirror so that guests can see how they look in the clothes.

6: Encourage guests to try on things you wouldn't normally wear because you never know what is going to actually look good on you.

7: Though, my house doesn't allow for this, probably having some changing stalls or a downstairs bathroom for ladies that want to try things on that have inhibitions of changing in front of other ladies.

8: After its all said and done, have someone be in charge of donating all the unclaimed clothes.

And there you have a clothing swap party!  If there are things that you still have questions about leave a comment or send me an email. I would love to hear about your clothing swap experiences too if and when you have them.

3 comments:

  1. I have to tell you, I was a little skeptical going in, but it was great! I've been wearing my "new" clothes this past week - thank you to Kiera and the other lovely ladies I met!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am glad you are enjoying your new clothes. The concept is a little foreign at first but the end result is definitely worth it. See you tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for posting this!! I'm glad it turned out well.

    I am looking to do this after the holidays with accessories...necklaces, earrings, scarves, hats, etc.

    ReplyDelete