Friday, November 16, 2012

7 quick takes


1. The nap strike has ended, well maybe not today.  But there were 4 glorious days of naps for Ben, and the first 2 days the boys actually took simultaneous naps, which...hasn't...happened...in...forever. So except for today, since I can hear Mr. B up in his room playing trains, naps are back on the schedule.

2. Ephraim decided to be an overachiever on teething again and is currently getting 3 of 4 baby molars. This has led me to break down and finally get an amber teething necklace from the Inspired by Finn folks.  I'm a skeptic when it comes to these things but I don't like a constantly unhappy baby so I figured its worth a shot.  In the mean time ice cubes in the fruit mesh feeder things seem to be helping by like 50%.

3. We had our last Bible Study this week, or rather Spiritual Book Study meeting this week.  The study was on the book Style, Sex and Substance that Hallie Lord edited. This was my second time reading the book and I recommend it whole heartedly.  The second time through I picked up more gems of wisdom that I didn't with the first read, so it seems to be one of those books that gets better with more reads, or at least is applicable in different seasons of life.

4. I finally sent out Thank-you cards for Ephraim's 1st birthday, and actually feel good about that since they were done within the month of the actual occasion.  Since life is overwhelming much at this point, to actually do something with social grace feels really good.

5. I'm liking this piece on Hospitality vs. Entertaining by Elizabeth Foss right now. Pride is a hard thing to kick out the door, especially when you know your house is always a mess from the little beings that inhabit it.  However, I'm trying more and more to see the needs of others and want to help them if they are in need, like bringing a hot meal to neighbor in need etc.  Anyway, I have a long way to go here, but I like was Mrs. Foss has to say here.

6. I feel like I haven't been in the best of moods lately, so I just wanted to have a shout to husband and say that I love you, Keith (since I know you read my blog).

7. And speaking of the non-napping child.  Apparently I am needed, so off I must go. Uggh.  After cleaning up  said child covered in his own poop again.  Never say that I nap strike is over, because apparently it will start again.

Enjoy more Quick Takes at Conversion Diary

No comments:

Post a Comment