Friday, August 13, 2010

a post for the emo kid in me

I belong to the generation that is post-grunge, the one that was raised on emo.  We spent countless nights listening to Dashboard Confessional and the Juliana Theory; loving Jimmy Eat World before they got big with the hit The Middle.  And being that I was raised a conservative Christian, I got into bands like Mae, Bleach and Copeland.  Basically I loved anything that was on Militia Group Records.

So, this is probably not relevant to most people who read this blog these days, as most read it for Catholic and mommy stuff.  But this music stuff has been on my mind, so I thought I would post it anyway.  I was thinking about albums.  Certain albums when I first got them, it was like the best album ever, and others it was so-so. The odd thing is when that so-so album becomes the best album ever.  I think that Destination Beautiful by Mae is one of those albums.  When I first heard it, it was so-so, and actually didn't purchase it till after The Everglow came out because I really thought it wasn't worth a purchase, even though it would show up in my internet radio play that I did pre-Pandora. But now, it's like an amazing album to me.  The song All Deliberate Speed makes me smile everytime I hear it.  It's bizarre.

So my question is, to the music nerds out there, is there an album that you have had a similar experience with or is just me?

Btw for those of you in Cleveland my church's big Feast day celebration is this weekend.  Here is the link for more info: The Feast of the Assumption

No comments:

Post a Comment