Friday, October 23, 2009

7 quick takes

1. I think that I actually posted on other days besides Friday in the past two weeks. I must have actually had time or something important to talk about to do so.

2. If you follow my rants on my gmail statuses, I mentioned that we opted out of the 20 week ultrasound for the baby llama. First of all, this year we have sucky insurance so it was probably going to have to be paid mainly by us for the procedure and since we just did a house transfer, we have little money in the bank to do so with. Second, a main reason people want that 20 week ultrasound is to find out gender, not something we were planning on doing. Lastly, the doctor or midwife wants you to have it because they can only abort up to 22 weeks in their system, so if there was anything they saw majorly wrong, then they would give you that option. So yes, really going old school back to the 80's on this one.

3. There is one more week before we have a house again. So there is at least one more week that we live in Brecksville with the in-laws. Honestly, it just makes me thankful for my own childhood, and that I had my mom as my mom instead of someone else. Because depsite all the crazy things that have happened in my family, I would say that I am better suited for their craziness then for someone else's. I appreciate all of the times my siblings helped me to be more respectful towards my parents and elders, and all the times they pushed me on to be a better person. I am thankful for my parents disciplining me in a manner that worked that didn't crush my spirit and strong will to do things. I am also thankful for their willingness to help me with things that were outside my capacity, or could have been done better and faster with their help. Really, it wasn't perfect, but I think I learned a sense of authority and respect for each person in my childhood and the importance of God in daily life, that I am not sure I would have turned out the same way if it had been different.

4. Since the vaccines, are not in yet at my midwife group's office, I am slightly paranoid about H1N1 flu since I don't want to end up in the hospital as a pregnant woman. I have started my paranoia thing of not touching door handles unless necessary and have started saying a Hail Mary prayer while washing hands. The prayer of course helps, and its the correct time that you need to actually be scrubbing your hands to get off germs. If you don't want to say a Hail Mary, you could think of another prayer of similar length or sing Happy Birthday, which is also the right length for scrubbing hands.

5. I have been on a knitting of hats kick. I knitted 4 hats so far. Two for my future baby back in late summer, and then 2 more recently this month, one for a friend's baby girl, and another for my niece. I hope they all fit ok. Anyway, I am supposed to be making a sweater next, but for some reason, I really haven't gotten out of the true hat kick yet.

6. I've started putting together my thesis. Which in someways, is a little scary, but at the same time, really needs to be done. Post in utero time for baby, time will be more limited.

7. I've had major overheating issues lately. It's just making me very thankful that I am pregnant in the winter and not in the summer, so if I need to cool off, I can just go outside and all will be ok.

Hope you guys have an excellent weekend. Enjoy pumpkins and fall leaves!

No comments:

Post a Comment