Friday, February 27, 2009

credit cards

So am I the only odd one that has been taught that you never leave a balance on a credit card? But that you pay off what you spend, even if the minimum due is $0.00. It just seems that more and more the people I talk to or listen to seem to let the debt accumulate. I guess that my dad raised me that you don't do that, that you don't spend more than what you have. And that's probably why I freak out if Keith is late on a payment for this or that, and why I check up on all of the finances periodically.

Maybe I am a control freak, but yeah, I can't live outside of my means, it just doesn't make sense. If money is gonna be tight, well then I start buying less, or the cheapest version of something. That last one bugs Keith because he tells me that I sometimes end up spending more in the long run because the cheaper thing breaks sooner. It is a valid point some of the time. Usually he only does this with computer parts and electronics, but I still kind of have to laugh at our disagreement here. I usually concede and let him justify his choice. At least he has a good reason behind choosing this or that. Though as for pedometers, the more expensive, well reviewed one that he got me lasted less than a year, and the free one is still kicking. Hmm, maybe its just me and my ability to break things, like vacuums and such. Roomba is still kicking, though he is only 2 months old.

Ok enough rambling of finances and such. I should work more.
Love.

No comments:

Post a Comment