Friday, February 27, 2015

Sweater.

The soon to 5 yo boy asked me to make him a sweater for his birthday, a striped red and blue sweater.  I had only ever made a shawl for myself about 7 or 8 years ago.  Ben remembered that I had made many mittens and hats last winter in my nesting bit with being pregnant with Lena, so somehow he decided I could make him a sweater for his fifth birthday.  I hemmed and hawed and asked a dear friend who is a knitting expert about the project.  This is the result.


Another dear friend talked about it being a labor of love, and I can honestly say it was. I feel like in certain parts you can see where I was having a rough day of it.  Its good to be done, and with two days to spare! His birthday is on Monday. Anyway, I'm just proud of myself for sticking with it and not getting overwhelmed completely in it all even though it was a big endeavor for me. 


No comments:

Post a Comment