Tuesday, December 2, 2014

Sleep...and other things

So I wanted to finish a post, and well ,I didn't yet. I do hope I actually finish it someday soon.  However, my eyes are failing me tonight, so I think I will just write on sleep.  If you know me, then you know I am a rough sleeper. Honestly, my mother can tell you I've been this way since birth. Somedays and weeks I sleep very well.  Others, not so much.  The thing being that I know this, I tend to avoid all advice on sleep.  Because for one, I've tried most all of it, I know what works most of the time for me, but there are still times that only when I'm completely exhausted and my brain shuts off do I sleep. My babies sleep pretty phenomenally well compared to me and I have been always thankful for that. I'm glad they inherited that from their daddy.

I, on the other hand, tend to view sleep as a performance and can think of the silliest things that will keep me awake for hours.  I've gotten better with not chastising myself over a poor night of sleep, but I still struggle with this from time to time.  Currently, I am in a sleep funk and once I figure out the culprit of it, I may actually sleep well again. :) There is always hope.

The one thing I am trying to take away from this cross is that while it is hard to not be able to sleep easily, God is always there with me. I actually get some of my best praying done in those restless hours.  So in some ways a struggle becomes a blessing, something to give thanks about.  Odd to think of it this way, but I'm starting to see it more and more in this light.

In a random side note, anyone have any experience with a child failing a OAE hearing test?  E failed this in both ears, and we have a follow up in about two weeks.  Just wondering if anyone else has gone through this with their kiddo and what came of it.

Now to attempt to sleep tonight. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment