Monday, October 28, 2013

Updates

1. I have figured out that somedays, I must slow down.  This pregnancy on many levels has kicked my butt, and one of them is sciatic nerve pain, which means slowing down and not pulling 70+lbs of children through the neighborhood or sometimes just not sitting on the floor.

2. We had a get away without children to Amish Country in Ohio last week. A rarity that probably won't happen for another 3 years or so, since I tend to do extended nursing and such.  It was super fun, just to be out of the city and in a small town where I don't know anyone. It didn't hurt that the cabin was fabulous with a great view.



3. I just read Simcha Fisher's NFP book.  It was a great read, because honestly I feel like even though we aren't in a rough spot in marriage, there is so much for us to learn about each other still and so much we can grow in our relationship.

4. We did Trunk-or-Treat yesterday at church and Keith actually won the best costume for an adult.  The kids got so much candy that I almost just want to give away their stash that doesn't get eaten before Halloween back out to the gazillion trick or treaters that come by on Halloween.




5. I went to a Jane Austen event yesterday with a friend and it was kind of fun.  I am honestly a terrible fan of her.  Yes, I've read the books, seen the movies, but I don't know the ins and outs of everything like some fans.  I think honestly in most things I am a terrible fan.  I love soccer, but barely follow the US National team.  I guess I just never am able to really devote the time to do so. However, I came out with a personal silhouette and a tiny posy bouquet which were fun take-aways.  I enjoyed watching the dancers, but I'm too much of a wimp to actually take part in it.




Anyway, I wish I had more to say, but this is all my brain can handle.  Take care until next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment