Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Embracing the challenge

Okay for some reason this took like a month to write, so the date was almost 4 weeks ago, but everything else is pretty current.

Usually this kind of post would be something I would write after a spiritual direction section. Nonetheless this is pre-one of those sessions.  My husband and I went out on a date yesterday and it was really nice to get out because the kid has been super clingy so we weren't able to do much for like a month without him.  But he let us go out on a date without him and he didn't do his escalating crying thing which is awesome because we did have to go back and get him due to a puking incident.

So the conversation we had started with me not being content with how I was living out who God called me to be. In the way that I am good living out my vocation as a mama but I feel that there is something like a niche missing.  I've kinda felt this post grad school for a while, but I just haven't had much time to think about it.  Most of the time there other stuff to do or sleep to be gotten.  I've been selling books on amazon and attempting gardening, but I still feel like something whether it be volunteering or doing something jus 2 hours a week that makes me grow.  And honestly, I still haven't figured this all the way out.  Maybe spiritual direction is good for something this time after all.

But what we did seem to tackle is a bigger vision, one of challenge. Being open to life comes with challenge.  It can be hard if an unexpected life is made or that maybe that a child has a disability which means extra attention and time have to be given or maybe life may seem chaotic with multiple kids that are closer together than what the world says is okay to have siblings.  But this challenge is an awesome one to be faced with because it deals with life. And life is something that should be celebrated.

So as we take on a new baby into our home (whenever he or she decides to come out!) it will be a challenge.  And God willing in the future we will have more babies to love.  But instead of wanting a comfy life where we only do what we want to do, we will be open to what God wants us to do in our lives.  And this is the challenge and it will be embraced...or at least give our best effort to do so.

No comments:

Post a Comment