Monday, October 17, 2011

Accent vlog

So I did the accent vlog. I included my husband in it because we grew up in different areas of the country and have definitely had different exposures to areas where accents could be different.  I originally heard of the accent vlog thru those associated with the Blathering, and while I am at the most on the outer fringe of being part of the in crowd associated with the Blathering, I decided to go ahead and shoot it. I am also super huge and pregnant in this at 40 weeks 5days, in case you were wondering.

So here it is.


I probably have an accent, or at least I know I mumble.  But if I do have an accent, I am no longer sure of the origin.

The notes associated with the vlog are:


Say the following words:
Aunt, route, wash, oil, theatre, iron, salmon, caramel, fire, water, sure, data, ruin, crayon, toilet, New Orleans, pecan, both, again, probably, spitting image, Alabama, lawyer, coupon, mayonnaise, syrup, pajamas, caught

And answer these questions:
What is it called when you throw toilet paper on a house?
What is the bug that curls into a ball when you touch it?
What is the bubbly carbonated drink called?
What do you call gym shoes?
What do you say to address a group of people?
What do you call the kind of spider that has an oval-shaped body and extremely long legs?
What do you call your grandparents?
What do you call the wheeled contraption in which you carry groceries at the supermarket?
What do you call it when rain falls while the sun is shining?
What is the thing you use to change the TV channel?


No comments:

Post a Comment