Sunday, January 5, 2014

What I Wore Sunday, Epiphany Ed.

Linking up with the ladies at Fine Linen and Purple for another...


So here goes...


Outfit details:
Necklace: Target
Dress: Gap Maternity
Pants: From my sister's old maternity collection
Shoes: My Danskos, though after 8 years they are almost done and I'm ready for a new pair of black shoes, any suggestions.
Belly: 31.5 weeks

This was actually my Christmas dress too.  When you are in your last trimester and you are as tall as me, clothing options are limited. When I bought it online, I totally thought it was red.  And well compared to my orange walls, it looks red, but its really orange-red, not Christmas red.  Oh well, its still fun to wear and comfy. 

Today we went to our old parish to visit, because guys, they really do an awesome job with celebrating Epiphany!  They are a little Italian parish in the Little Italy part of Cleveland and the Befana comes and everything.  I love, love, love the Befana.  I know most Americans do the Santa thing and that is great, because its great to have traditions that you know and love.  I unfortunately think I've just had really bad experiences with Santa in the past and my kids don't particularly care for him at this time, so to find a fun alternative to it is really great for us. My almost 4 year old was so excited to meet her today.  It also helps us carry out the Christmas season a little better since the tradition goes she that she comes on Epiphany.  Anyway, if you don't know her story, I recommend getting ahold of the Tommie DePaula book The Legend of the Old Befana.  It does a good job of explaining the tradition behind her. 

So go check out some more Sunday outfits with the WIWS linkup at Fine Linen and Purple! Happy Epiphany everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment