Wednesday, February 6, 2013

Lent 2013

Sometimes its hard to think of things to do for Lent and sometimes its hard to think of a focus at least for me it is, this year it just came to me (Holy Spirit FTW!). Normally, on top of the normal Catholic fasting and abstinence, I try to follow the Pray, Fast, Give mantra.  I think Busted Halo suggested it to me and since then I've tried to think of Lent in that way.  I'm sure there are other ways to go about Lent, but this works for me.  So here is what I am up to this Lent:

Pray- I am going to do the Love Dare Devotion and pray for my husband.  It's not that I feel like I am a bad wife, I just know I could be better and appreciate and love my husband way better than I do, and I am hoping this time of lent will help me do that.

Fast- From negativity/complaining.  I tend to do this a lot, especially around certain people.  I just hope I can really do it.  If not the charity for #3 will get more of my money. I also want to fast from evening TV, just because I feel like I should do something else better with my time.

Give - Everytime I do complain, I will give a dollar to a marriage building charity (to be named if you have suggestions for this let me know).  And half of my monthly personal money will go to this at the end of Lent.  I also want to give away some more clothing, maybe do a clothing swap again and then donate the end means.

So what are your Lenten plans?

No comments:

Post a Comment