1. Our family came down with a cold, well at least Keith and I did, so we have been kind of out of it for the past 2 weeks or so. I haven't gotten sick since last fall, so I guess I was due for another cold.
2. My mom came up to help with Ben this past week as I did some super paper editing. Can I say I love that she is retired now and gets to help us girls out with our children much more than she used to be able to with her teacher gig. It was a great help having her here. I wish I could clone her so that she could be with my dad in PA, me in OH and my sister in TN all at the same time cause she's that useful and supportive.
3. I actually decorated for Halloween/fall. I have light up jack-o-laterns that are awaiting a home since my husband decided its a good time to repaint the front of the house, and pumpkins inside, and a pumpkin on the door. I guess I could do more than pumpkins, but that is what I have so for now that will do.
4. I am currently reading the last Harry Potter book. Since Dumbledore died in the 6th book, I'm not sure what to think of this 7th book. I feel like he kinda kept the story going cause he was the ultimate good guy. But I will press on towards the end. Sorry for the spoiler to those have not read it yet.
5. Ben's been pulling himself up on things, including a dresser, his walker, his playpen, and the dishwasher. Next to tackle the coffee table, well, unless we have to move it so he doesn't crack his skull open on it. Who knows. If only I could get himself to figure out how to get up into a sitting position we would be good. This kid seems to be doing it all backwards. Oh well, we love him anyway. lol.
6. I've been wondering about daylight savings time and children's bed times and if anyone has good advice on it. I am totally not an early riser if I don't have to be. So I kind of want to see if I can move his bed time back, to adjust for time change. Is this something worth doing? Or will he be non-compliant?
7. We've been volunteering to pray outside an abortion performing clinic with the 40 days for life folks. The first time I went with Ben it hit me a little deeper than I thought it would because I was in my own backyard instead of DC. And for some reason that made it that more real. Oddly, I haven't seen anyone go in for an appt yet, probably because we are praying when its closed, but our prayers aren't wasted right? We always take Ben along, maybe his cuteness will convert hearts as well.
Goodnight and good luck.