Monday, August 2, 2010

harder for me

The little guy turned 5 months old today.  And while he still needs me a lot of the time, some things have changed.  As of late he's been putting himself to sleep.  No rocking, and no milk coma.  Just wiggles around a little vocally till he finds his comfy spot for sleeping.  It makes me sad though, even though this means less work for me.  Because this means that little by little as he grows he become less and less dependent.  Maybe this will help me to think and not dread the dependence times next time around.  I hope so.

This time around, I remember the first 2+ months of having to have a sleeping baby on me because he would not sleep any other way.  Now he's so different from that.  It seems sometimes that he will sleep better away from me than near me.  As he's semi transitioned to the crib, I wonder when the time will come for him to be in in own room.  I know I'm not ready, and with his night nursing he's still not ready.  But still  when he is ready, I don't know if I will be.  Sometimes these growing things are harder for me than him.  But it makes you want to love them more nonetheless, and to me that is a good thing.

A 5 month old shot for ya.

No comments:

Post a Comment