7 quick takes
1. For some reason, I do not seem to post on any other day other than Friday. So what you get from me is a series of 7 quick takes. I guess this is better than not posting at all. What do you think?
2. With our house sold we are still in the process of finding another within Cleveland proper. We haven't had much luck so far since the first house we wanted sold 2 days before we were able to put an offer on it, and the second house the folks really don't want to move for another 5 or so months. So we are still looking, and hopefully there will be a light at the end of the tunnel soon, so I don't have to live in Brecksville for long. I just hate, hate, hate getting out of there with the traffic in the mornings. And the fact that everything is under construction there, and they are attempting to add another lane, just means more cars will try to use the highway. Shaq, why do you want to live in Brecksville again? Oh right, basketball isn't a 9-5 job, you can avoid the traffic.
3. I turned 26, yep, I am in the upper half of the twenties now. Which is some ways makes me feel old. Though what makes me feel older is that I am now in my 5th year of graduate school and wondering when it will end. Also, it doesn't help when the freshman undergrads you taught early on are now seniors looking to graduate.
4. I am waiting for the moment when I begin to feel the baby kick. I know this will come in the next few weeks, but I guess I'm at this point where I don't feel much at the moment and really just want to know if everything is going ok in there. On a good note my belly is expanding, and I have made it to 16 weeks. woot!
5. If you ever have to choose a computational program for molecular calculations. Don't choose VASP. Its just a pain in the but with all the licensing and the support is very short with you when you try to communicate with them. And if you do something wrong the program likes to yell at you too. Well I guess written yelling, but still to me its yelling. I like Gaussian03 and Interface 1.0 much better.
6. I kind of like when my advisor recommends that I go for a walk outside somedays. He appreciates the use of good weather, and what better way then to take a break from work for a 20-30 minute walk.
7. Today I was listening to the Faith and Family Live podcast and it had a big focus on the struggles of pregnancy but how to rejoice in the sufferings. And of course they mentioned morning sickness, and while I didn't have much of that, I do have other struggles. And this reminded me that while they hare hard to bear at times, the crosses to carry to bring something beautiful and miraculous into the world have got to be worth it. So no more pouting, right?!