Wednesday, January 23, 2008

Pro-Life March Thoughts

Well, guys, to anyone that wants to be inspired that there are other people out there that feel the same way about the sanctity of life as they do, I highly recommend attending this march next year. There are so many people there. Some of my favorites where the seminaries full of the young priests, or those wanting to become priests, and the nuns. The nuns were so anti-typical of what I think of a nun. I tend to sometimes forget and be naive to the world outside my own. And there were people of all different walks of life, colors of skin, age all in the march. I think some of the cutest things I saw were these 2 old men that were marching with their canes. They could barely walk, and yet they were there for the cause. To peacefully protest a governmental decision from 30 some years ago. These people cared about each being in our country, you could tell by their smiles. They weren't negative about it. Only one person had a negative sign in counter to our march, one of a schizmatic group that thinks only Catholics are Christian. (I am not sure how they go to the same church that I go to and believe that.)
My husband pointed out that it seemed that the organizers of the march made it a bit too religious in its start. Because ultimately we want to have more than just Christians up there defending their brother, we want to have the Jews, the muslims, the Buddhists, the Hindus, the atheists all agreeing what science has taught us about life. That life begins at conception, when there is 27 chromosomes present and not just parasitic cells.
There were some interesting organizations there, Virginia democrats for life, The Robert E. Lee Foundation for Life, Jews for Life among the baptists and the catholics. What I wanted to see more of was the Protestants, the evangelicals, you guys believe that life starts at conception, I think you should be out there protesting with us.

No comments:

Post a Comment