Monday, December 26, 2016

A year in review: 2016

1. What did you do in 2016 that you’d never done before?
I visited the Biltmore in Asheville. I found an mixed alcoholic drink that I liked on my own account, a chocolate martini. And I just remembered we fostered 5 dogs and 3 rabbits this year, we had never had a pet as a family before.
2. Did you keep your new years’ resolutions, and will you make more for next year?
I was supposed to write letters to people. I did write letters, though I probably didn't do one each month like intended, I did write letters.  I also picked up knitting again after a long break of not knitting. 
3. How will you be spending New Year’s Eve?
Hanging out with the kids and husband putting together a puzzle watching TV. I'm very lame, and I like it that way. 
I4. Did anyone close to you die? Did anyone give birth?
This was a year of death, so much death, and it was sad.  We lost a baby at 13 weeks, Noel Constantine.  And then my paternal grandmother died on my 9th wedding anniversary. And then my husband's maternal grandmother died in November. 
As for births, there were a decent amount of them, most notably a nephew was born in November and then a good friends double rainbow baby was born in October. The list could go on, and even though we lost our baby, I'm so very thankful for the new life in these babies that were born.  There is always room for more babies and the joy they bring.
5. What countries did you visit ? Did I travel this year?
I hemmed and hawed about actually taking a vacation post miscarriage, I was really still struggling with a lot of things with just living, but we decided to go through with our vacation to Asheville, NC, Nashville, TN and Cincinnati, OH. It was overall good to go, but it made me remember also why I like where we live too. 
6. What would you like to have in 2017 that you lacked in 2016?
Less hurt. More joy. 
7. What date from 2016 will remain etched upon your memory, and why?
May 12, the day I delivered Noel.  July 14, the day my grandmother died.
8. What was your biggest achievement(s) of the year?
I climbed all the stairs of Terminal Tower in Cleveland. 
9. What was your biggest failure?
I never finished knitting a sweater I started making for my daughter because I messed up the one sleeve really terribly. 
10. Did you suffer illness or injury?
Well, I lost a baby and that felt like injury. I also have had an extremely rough time with this current pregnancy in that my left leg won't let me function or walk like I am used to doing.  
11. What was the best thing you bought?
A six month pass for 6 full body massages. That's helped a ton with stress of the madness of the year.
12. Where did most of your money go?
Medical bills and paying for new doors for the house. 
13. What song will always remind you of 2016?
I think Soldiers by the Rocket Summer
14. What do you wish you’d done more of?
Swimming in the summer. I was in a funk for most of the summer that I don't remember enjoying it like I should have.
15. What do you wish you’d done less of?
Worrying. 
16. What was your favorite new TV program?
This is Us.  It makes me cry and smile and laugh.  A good program for sure. 
17. Do you love anyone now that you didn’t love this time last year?
I think two people.  Noel and baby girl Kurak #2. 
18. What was the best book you read?
The Awakening of Miss Prim
19. What item of clothing did I wear the most?
Full length compression stockings, and maternity leggings. I am completely 100% pro leggings at this point.
20. What was your favorite film of this year?
Inside Out
21. What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you?
My husband cooked a meal for me, a modified thanksgiving dinner. I also went out with friends for a meal a bit later. I turned 33. 
22. What kept you sane?
Prayer, knitting, friends especially Sarah.
23. Who did you miss?
The obvious would be my grandmother and my baby. But I think also my friend Janelle. 
24. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned..
I think just life is really, really hard at times, and I think what I learned is that I am so thankful that God gave me my husband to stand by my side in these hard times. I also learned that I wasn't crazy on some things where I though I was, and so I think maybe to trust your gut but also to take care of yourself because if you don't then you can't help others very well. And lastly that death is part of life, and its a very unpredictable thing. 
25. What pictures best represent 2015?

 
 




No comments:

Post a Comment