Saturday, January 1, 2011

And so a new year begins...

I was half awake to bring in the new year last night.  Another batch of teeth are surfacing in Ben's mouth so sleep has been in limited increments around here.  Though my super awesome husband let me sleep in till 9am today and for that I was incredibly thankful. In what moments I was awake last night, my husband and I discussed the questions posted by Danielle Bean on F&F Live.  They are really good evaluation questions if you don't feel its too late to do a year end evaluation.

From these questions, it seemed to be a theme for me to figure out what it means to be a Kiera outside of school.  I know a big part of that is being a wife and a mama, but what defines me as me is another story.  I have been a student since I was 4 and now at 27, its hard to imagine a school-less life.  Oddly, up to this point is been I want to get this part of my life done, I need this to be over.  And now that its here its surreal.  Its almost like you try a while to have a baby, and then you get pregnant and then the baby is born and you are like woah how did I get here. It's surreal that I actually made it through, but at the same time I have to figure out what this new stage of life entails for me.  I know that I don't want a full time job, but what kind of work do I want, or would I rather volunteer instead of work for pay?  Do I want to do something in my field or something completely unrelated?

So, I hope to figure out what it means to me in this post-school stage of life.  If you want to send a prayer this way as this chapter of my life unfolds, it would be appreciated.

I hope everyone has a great and blessed 2011!

No comments:

Post a Comment