Monday, December 29, 2008

the oddity of us

Being called the square this weekend, was quite an odd thing to be called. Usually I'm the weird one, or the black sheep of a bunch. I don't blend in well. I make bizarre decisions to a passerby or even to a semi-knowledgeable relative. Fortunately, I found the crazy zig-zag to match me, Keith. To any other person, my ideas would be thought of as just plain dumb, too dangerous, not financially stable enough, or wasteful of my education. :) I smile at this because I think of how many times people have thought that I was doing this or that for a boy. Little did they know that Jesus was the main component of my decision. But then again, how would a thinking woman ever put her sole trust in Jesus? Why would a thinking protestant become Catholic? Why would a thinking woman with a soon to PhD choose motherhood over career? Why would a thinking woman want a smaller house in a less comfy neighborhood instead of a big house in a sweet neighborhood when her husband gets a promotion at work? Why would a hopefully one day mom want to move with her husband to a developing country to have less, than to stay in the flourishing first world? If you haven't gotten the trend yet, the answer is trust in Jesus. I remember this wise saying a lot, if it doesn't point to Jesus then it isn't what its supposed to be. So amazingly, I found a crazy kid who lives by this as well (though at times we both struggle with it) and we are on a lifetime adventure together because of it. I love it, even when I get frustrated that it is going God's way and not my own (like last night :), ). God is just so cool, and the realization that he is out there in every person just makes you want to smile, and to help as much as you can when needed. To move would let us do this more, it would help us to stay on the straight and narrow, even though it is gonna be rough. I'm ready for the rollercoaster ride. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment