Friday, February 15, 2008

I know I'm supposed to have a theme here and not just post songs in my mind, but this one fits.

"The First of the Century" by Straylight Run



granted the video has its own artist views. But they do have a point.

"You know, you can be
The first of, this century.
To bleed through, to find truth.
To know what, you should do.
You know, it could be, anything.

Sometimes (sometimes)
You might find (you might find)
A crack or (a crack or)
A fault line (a fault line)
But dressed down (but dressed down)
Or made up (or made up)
You'll find (you'll find)
A real love (a real love)
A place to, come home to, at night.

So what did we pay for?
And why did we care?
What were we after?
And why was it there?

Desire gave way to a false sense of hope,
And we fell for the lie that it's what we all chose.
And I yelled to my friends, "you'll all be okay!"
But they didn't believe me, they still don't today.
They never do anything they haven't before.
In the same solemn room with no lock on the door.

And over and over and over again,
The same failed solutions to all the same problems.
Scream, why! why!
I can't understand
Why the things that I do never go as I planned.
And the vultures begin
Their slow circling.
The dogs lick their teeth,
Bright, white, and gleaming.

But just hold your sun
We've barely begun.
To fight until now.

So, let's see what you've got.
This wide open shot.
Take it or leave it.
'Cause
We're getting out.
We're getting out, oh.

And you'll never find us again
No, never find us again."

No comments:

Post a Comment